Our Executive Chef, Tim Labonte of Westbrook, Maine, shares his creativity and love of food in his menus. The Eve's at the Garden restaurant menu changes frequently and is centered on a mix of classics dishes, salads, soups and, of course, seafood. We are in Maine, after all!
Chef Tim is a regular guest on the Maine-based TV program, 207, where he shares dishes designed to be made at home. He enjoys creating special occasion menus for Eve's at the Garden, such as his Caviar Dinner which features caviars from different regions, as well as his International Menus featuring the cuisines of South America, Spain and the Middle East. Chef Tim's Thanksgiving Buffet is famous in Maine for its diverse offerings with dishes that appeal to vegetarians and Thanksgiving traditionalists.
Tim earned his culinary arts degree from Johnson & Wales University and we're happy to have him overseeing the culinary experience here at Eve's at the Garden, as well as our island properties: Diamond's Edge Restaurant & Marina, and The Inn at Diamond Cove on Great Diamond Island.
As Tim says, Enjoy & may your life and stomach always be full.
We hope to see you soon for breakfast, lunch, happy hour or dinner.
Acorn Squash Pizza
For the Squash
- 1/2 ea. small acorn squash, roasted to tender, squash removed from the skin
- 2 oz olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 oz white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbl brown sugar
Other items needed:
- 8 oz pizza dough, store bought is fine
- thick cut bacon, 1/2 cubed, bake until crisp, place bacon on paper towel for later use
- reserve Tbl of bacon fat for later use
- 4 oz shredded pecorino cheese
- 2oz hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 springs basil
- finish salt if desired
- preheat oven to 400 degrees, coat 8 " cast iron pan with reserved bacon oil
- spread [pre- proofed] pizza dough in pan. The dough should be about 1/4" thick and cover the bottom of pan and maintain shape. Start pan on stove top at med. heat, cook until pan is hot and underside of dough starts ot brown. Remove pan from heat and turn dough over.
- Top dough with 1/2" layer of squash. Add desired amount of bacon and transfer to oven for 15 minutes or until underside of dough is golden brown and bacon squash mix is properly warmed.
- Transfer to cutting board, cut, sprinkle with hazelnuts, pecorino and torn basil.
In the News
- WCSH6 - Basic Deviled Eggs
- WCSH6 - Poached Seafood Summer Stew
- Good Day Maine - Deviled Eggs
WCSH 6 - 207 - Executive Chef Tim Labonte visited the studio to make
- Pastrami Spiced Tuna - Watch the video here
- Maine Maple & Ricotta Tartlet. Watch the video here:
- Chicken Tacos with plum and olive slaw Watch the video here