This destination may have COVID-19 travel restrictions in place for out of town guests, including specific restrictions for lodging. Check any national, local and health advisories for this destination before you book.
As stay-at-home orders are lifted, Hart Hotels and Hart Hotels Harbor Hotel Collection properties will be welcoming hotel guests with new systems and protocols. These new procedures follow Centers of Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and demonstrate our commitment to protecting guest safety, yet are representative of the luxury experience that come to be expected from our AAA Four-Diamond hotels.
While some amenities, such as nightly turndown service, have been suspended, other special touches and unique programs, such as outdoor patio dining will ensure that even with precautions in place, guests will enjoy a fun, relaxing and memorable visit.
Hart Hotels and Harbor Hotel Collection properties have always maintained an average Guest Survey score of 98% when it comes to cleanliness. Those high standards for maintaining meticulous guest rooms and public spaces remain a hallmark of the brand today.
What follows is a brief overview of safety precautions and amenities that guests will experience at Harbor Hotels during their visit with us.
- Guests will utilize front doors to enter the Hotel.
- All Guests entering the Hotel will need to wear a face mask.
- All Guests when walking through the building will need to wear a a face mask.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located near the entrance, and guests will be directed to sanitize hands before proceeding further.
- Bell service will be provided upon request. Carts will be sanitized prior to and after each use. Bellman will ride in a separate elevator and will not enter the room.
- Plexi-glass shields will separate front desk teams from guests at check-in and check-out.
- All front and back-of-house hotel staff will be wearing face masks.
Guests are advised to distance themselves a minimum of six feet from anyone that is not traveling with them. This includes standing in lines, using elevators, public restrooms, restaurants, bars, and any other public area on the property.
Hand sanitizer stations have been added to various locations of the property. Guests and employees must use hand sanitizer upon entering any facility and after touching contact surfaces.
- Housekeeping staff has increased cleaning frequencies of button panels throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located on each elevator landing.
- No more than four guests per elevator (unless they are in the same family group).
- Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, hair dryer, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring.
- Newspaper and magazine services have been suspended until further notice.
- Daily housekeeping has been suspended for guests staying 4 days or less. Towels will be left outside the room on request.
- Guests may request daily housekeeping which will be scheduled for a time when they’re not in the room.
- The CDC states: Coronaviruses spread mainly through close contact from person to person with one another (within about 6 feet) by respiratory droplets, produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks. These droplets can be taken in by people who are nearby or could possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- In regard to surfaces: Every guest room will be cleaned with detailed attention to highly touched areas before check in and only as an extra precaution, where possible, rooms will remain unoccupied for 24 hours after cleaning. During busy periods this is not achievable
- Ozone machines will also be used occasionally to purify air in guest rooms when possible
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, fitness center equipment, business center equipment, swimming pool area and furnishings, coffee and beverage stations, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- Fitness rooms and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized three times a day every day with sanitizer solution and paper towels made available for all guests.
- Transportation in courtesy vehicles (where applicable) has been suspended.
- Restaurants and bars will reduce seating capacities to allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group/party of guests.
- All Guests when entering the dining room will need to wear a face mask. This may be removed when sitting at a table. Anytime a guest leaves the table they must re-apply their mask.
- Drinks can be served, however, bar operating hours are temporarily suspended until State mandates are lifted.
- Plastic covered menus will be used so that they can be sanitized after each use.
- Alfresco patio dining is open weather permitting
- Room service orders will be left outside the guest room.
- Waitstaff will be wearing masks.
The health and safety of our guests and employees is paramount and will continue to be the main priority of Harbor Hotels.
Employees will be screened for temperature, if they are exhibiting symptoms of illness.
Employee Illness – Any employee that feels ill, must remain home. Those who may have been exposed to COVID-19 must quarantine themselves for 14 days prior to returning to work.
Employee & Guest Health Concerns - Employees are instructed to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other signs of COVID-19. They have been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to appropriate health authorities. We will be ready to provide support to our guests.
Room Recovery Protocol - In the event of presumptive case of COVID-19, the guest’s room will be removed from service and quarantined. The guest room will not be returned to service until the case has been confirmed or cleared. In the event of a positive case, the room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol and locked down for 72 hours.
Kindly note, hotel amenities and safety modifications may vary across our locations and are subject to change at any time.
For any questions regarding upcoming reservations, please contact our reservations department:
Portland Harbor Hotel: 207-775-9090
Our hearts go out to all, as our communities heal from this unprecedented event. Our Harbor Hotel family looks forward to welcoming you and your loved ones very soon!